- To offer students a number of healthy ways to express and balance their emotions through physical activity.
- To bring students into the present moment, the most basic requirement for learning.
- To create an atmosphere of confidence, enthusiasm and non-competitiveness, where everyone can succeed.
- To promote a more relaxed, comfortable state of being – the perfect state for teaching and learning.
- To empower students to support their own health and well-being, in and out of the classroom.
- To engage in character building activities that support social and emotional intelligence.
- To improve confidence and self-esteem.
- To enhance motor skills and balance.
- To enhance organisational and communication skills.
- To improve listening skills.
- To improve mind/body awareness and connection.
- Develop a process of focusing awareness on the present moment and acknowledging and accepting feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, in a non-judgmental way